Polling station finder
All you need to help people in your area to find their polling station.
Our polling station finder uses data sent to us from councils.
- Finds the polling station assigned to a property
- Support postcodes that overlap polling district boundaries
- Data export from your EMS (where supported)
- Data included on the Electoral Commission’s YourVoteMatters lookup as well as other sites we partner with
- Embeddable widget on your website
Pro: £450 per yearAll basic feautres, plus:
- Coverage for all scheduled elections, and all national elections
- Approved on the Government’s Digital Marketplace (G-Cloud 10)
- Personal contact for support queries
- Rapid response to last minute changes, including on polling day
- Customizable embedded widget to match your council colours
- Detailed usage reporting
- Early warning of errors
Bespoke: £contact us
- Support for all by-elections
- Custom information about each polling station, for example accessibility information, photos
- Bespoke integration in to your website
If you work for a council you can send us data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send us new data for each election, or confirm that it has not changed.
By default we direct users to their polling station using the polling station postcode. Providing co-ordinates or UPRNs for the polling stations allows us to provide more accurate directions.
Exporting from your EMS
Some suppliers have added exports in their software to make it easy to email us the data.
The Democracy Club report is in "Express Management" under "Elections/Exports" and the report is called "EC & Democracy Club Polling Place Lookup".
Democracy Counts Elector8
For Elector8 Users, go to "Planning & Reporting" then "Category Searches" and select both of the following:
- Democracy Club - Polling Districts
- Democracy Club - Polling Stations
Right click on the data grid and click "export".
Idox Eros (formerly Halarose)
There is a Knowledge Base Article (KBA) about how to export data. Click on "Democracy Club" in the tag cloud or use this link: https://www.halarose.co.uk/helpspot/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=384
Unfortunately Idox haven't provided an easy export from Strand yet, but they are working on it. It's worth emailing email@example.com anyway, as we might be able to work with your GIS team on getting data.
We only use data sent to us for the elections you tell us it's valid for. If we're not sure we don't re-use data between elections, and we will email you asking for updates.
For last minute changes, including on polling day, you can email us and we will make changes to the data on the live site. In the worse case we can remove all your data from the site very quickly, just get in touch.
We don't need personal data to run the polling station finder but we may need UPRNs or data from some of Ordnance Survey's products depending on the type of data you are able to provide us with.
We have an agreement with The Electoral Commission under the Public Sector Mapping Agreement that allows us to receive data that's in AddressBase including UPRNs.
If you send us geospatial data that's created from OS's BaseMap then this can be made public under ‘presumption to publish’. You can read more about this here.
We suggest that you publish Geo data as a WFS layer from your GIS software.
Using the finder on your website
If you provide data to us then you can embed our polling station finder directly on your website, free of charge.
You'll need to add a bit of code to your site. Find out how.